Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Everyman's Journal 2011, #75

© 2011 Rev. David Seacord

November 24, Thanksgiving Day

Leave no room for doubt in your mind.

Prem Rawat

______________________________________

That the quote above has been with me for most of my adult life through 'thick and thin'…(It's one of the original '5 commandments' that Guru Maharaji [aka Prem Rawat] taught us after the 'receiving Knowledge' initiation...) shows just how willing the Divine Goodness is/has been to keep being endlessly 'for us/for me'…. staying true to its knowing of me/you, never abandoning us/me even when it has been clear I/we have completely forgotten our essential and intimate relationship with it. As a result of its constancy, I have grown over time from a consciousness mostly concerned with my/itself and my/its imagined 'needs' into a man of self-knowing Goodness capable and willing (most of the time without too much resistance) to hear and follow the voice of the Good as it directs me moment to moment. Obviously in that moment to momentness, there are still occasional 'mistakes', and just as obviously, those mistakes are growth opportunities.

So just what, this Thanksgiving Day, is there to be grateful for? I suspect the Absolute Love teacher within me would ask it a bit differently--- like: Just what is there NOT to be grateful for? As Ammachi and many others have taught, 'Fame and shame and blame and gain (wealth) and loss are all the SAME'. They are all just 'more phenomena'. And inside that sameness… and the Zen 'seeing (of) all things equally', seen mindfully, rightly, there is nothing---no event of our lives-- to exclude from our 'Gratitudes List'. Anything we desire to exclude or continue resisting simply flags our remaining egoicness. And even that is something to be immediately grateful for, when our committed purpose is to walk the clear and holy path to selflessness.

And what is the most salient characteristic of such selflessness? Is it not the same as what the Divine Goodness has already repeatedly demonstrated to us… to simply (and longterm) never abandon staying true to the Truth no matter the current illusion? And to endlessly serve that Truth in each other by holding, unwaveringly, the faith and knowledge that we ARE (literally) each other, that we are placed in each others lives very intentionally, very specifically…. all for the purpose of assisting each other to fully remember our wholeness? My life convinces me this is the ground of our being, and the primary reason we journey together….

Therefore, in that spirit, I give my Godness and my Goodness my thanks for YOU and send and surround you with Peace.

May each of us live to our fullest this day, with no doubt of or within our onemindedness.

Namaste,

David

***********************************

My partnership request.... Please consider yourself an important gateway this message is passing through on its way to others. Please do 'send it on'. Thank you.

***********************************

Rev. David Seacord

Fine Art Painter / Sufi Cherag

david@davidseacord.com

www.davidseacord.com

(my fine art website)

www.davidseacord-everymansjournal.blogspot.com

(archived writings and poetry, circa 2002 to 2004)

www.davidseacord-acimcommentaries.blogspot.com

(archived 2010 writings on the lessons of A Course in Miracles)

www.everymansjournal2011.blogspot.com

(archived entries of this years Everyman's Journal)

www.thelovedeclaration.org

(info on The Love Declaration)

To subscribe, simply click on the code below to open the subscribe window.

http://davidseacord.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=306aba00e6959c604de750bcc&id=62a1ee7045

No comments:

Post a Comment